Close this search box.


Answers to Common Questions about our Services and Processes.


They specialize in family law, offering legal advice and assistance in various aspects of family law.

No, you need to contact them directly through their own websites or contact details provided on this website.

Yes, all of these businesses are reputable and experienced in handling family law matters.

1. Divorce and Separation

It can take anywhere from 4 months to 2 years, depending on the complexity of the case.

Factors such as financial contributions, non-financial contributions, future needs, and the welfare of children are considered.

Yes, you can apply for a divorce without a lawyer, but it’s recommended to seek legal advice to ensure your rights and interests are protected.

2. Parenting

A parenting plan is a written agreement between parents that outlines the care and responsibility arrangements for their children.

Yes, parenting plans can be changed through mutual agreement or through a court order.

Sole custody means that one parent has the primary responsibility for the children, while joint custody means that both parents share responsibility for the children.

3. property settlement

Property settlement refers to the division of property and assets between two parties after a separation or divorce.

Property settlement in Perth is determined based on a number of factors, including the financial contributions of each party, the length of the relationship, and the needs of each party moving forward.

Property settlement agreements can be changed in certain circumstances, such as if one party failed to disclose all of their assets during the initial agreement or if there has been a significant change in circumstances since the agreement was made.

4. Child Support

Child support is calculated based on factors such as the income of both parents, the number of children, and the living arrangements of the children.

Yes, you can apply to change the child support arrangement if your circumstances have changed significantly.

Legal action can be taken against the other parent to enforce payment of child support.

5. Family Violence and Restraining Orders

A restraining order is a legal order that prevents a person from contacting or approaching another person.

You can seek a restraining order or apply for an intervention order to protect yourself from further harm.

Breaching a restraining order is a criminal offense and can result in a fine or imprisonment.

6. Binding Financial Agreement

inding Financial Agreement is a legally binding agreement that sets out how assets and liabilities will be divided in the event of a separation.

A Binding Financial Agreement should be considered if you want to protect your assets and financial interests in the event of a separation.

Yes, a Binding Financial Agreement can be changed through mutual agreement or through a court order.

7. Family Mediation

Family mediation is a process where a neutral third party helps people in dispute to come to an agreement.

In some cases, family mediation may be compulsory before legal proceedings can be initiated.

Agreements made through family mediation can be made legally binding if they are approved by a court.

Scroll to Top